Thursday, December 15, 2011

True Love?

I've always feared getting bored
And bored I've always been
Bored of people, bored of love
And places I have seen

There was nought I couldn't replace
Nought, with the exception of me
So even a little, I wouldn't change
Lest the same me I shouldn't be

Along you came and found me bored
Thinking, you could be more than the ones before
Made me love and laugh that much more
And life for a while, was not such a bore

Yet bored of being tamed, again I feel
Darling, you know how I can be
But this time round, there's a difficulty
I can't replace you, it rather be me

So little by little, I become a little bit nice
Like putting on a flame, little cubes of ice
For a love song, this might seem a bit odd
I see you smile, and I knew you'd nod

But I believe, I can now say this safely
Sweetheart I'm comfortable and happy reasonably
From the core of my cold heart, I love you
If bored I have to be, I'd rather get bored with you

I want to get bored with you...
I want to grow old with you

11 comments:

reema said...

Meri mann ki batein likh di hain tuney :) really beautiful...

Puneet said...

wah Moni!! I felt like I had one of those heart to heart talks with you !!! its intense....:)

Rashmi said...

Thank you, Reema, Punniya :-*

Abdul Kabir said...

Once again you hit the nail on the head..

Tapas said...

Reading the newspaper in the morning, sipping tea. Sitting by the coffee table, smiling at the scratches that all the years have put on its glass top. Deciding to watch 12 angry men again to deal with the nostalgia. Pausing it after 30 minutes, looking up at you and saying "Kuch khaane ko hai ghar mein?"

Rashmi said...

Thank you, Abdul, it means a lot coming from you :)

Rashmi said...

That's the dream, Tapas, isn't it? :)

Unknown said...

When it came to poems of love and longing, I thought I had seen it all. But then, you come along with this fantastic piece of prose with touches the heart and could be the story of anyone in true love.
You surely are getting better and better with each poem. Keep thinking and keep writing. :)

Rashmi said...

Karan- You don't know how encouraging that is, thank you!

vid said...

superb. loved it because this is how love often seems to be: a glimmer of hope and change, rather than a fairytale. finding someone inspite of being who you are, and not because who you are. your writing is so mellifluous, a joy to read

Rashmi said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you :D
I want to write about something other than love now, though, and I can't seem to, hehe.