Thursday, January 3, 2013

People In the Grey


Some times I almost see through her
White mist between dreams dries
For a moment the sun is no more
Behind giant wings as over me she flies

Demented fairies lie still
They hate shampoo trickling down
They whisper from cracks in her lips
Why wake a slumbering ghost-town?

She reminds me of places I’ve never been
Soppy songs I’ve never liked
I’m not safe with her nor she with me
A risk she says she doesn't mind

So I soak her into my muddy socks
And taste her in stale cake
I don’t love her or like her even
But she’s a feeling I don’t want to shake

7 comments:

Askios said...

Love the eloquence Rush :) Awesome stuff!!

jaatboy said...

smooth and effortless....its like a song with a beautiful climax

Anonymous said...

gotta love the comments on your poems... nobody has remotely any clue what the poem is about but still comment as if they get it. "love the eloquence", "smooth and effortless", wtf? care to explain what you understood from that?

larki dikhi to aa gaye saale.

Rashmi said...

Hahaha, who are you guys?!!

jaatboy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I can only visualize this poem, in black and white images. Not connected to each other. Not even coherently telling a story. Just as you wrote "a feeling I don't want to shake".

vid said...

I keep coming back to your blog, even the dark ones like these give solace.

Amused by the anon comment that no one understands the poem - i guess you either feel the poem or not, understanding is a distant second

To me, this poem tells about the spirit in my head. Some secret longing, something that I shouldn't have done, or is it something I wish to do but mustn't?

Its my Mr Hyde, antithesis of the face i show to the world. It breathes down my neck, taunting me, reminding me of things i would rather forget.

i cant tear it away, its a part of me. Its evil frightens me, but it gives me strength in ways i dont fully understand.

i wish you would start writing again. get a coffee if you're too lazy.