Monday, January 28, 2008

A City in the Sky

It's night. I am walking in a lane. It's cloudy. And it's windy. The clouds are swirling and moving.
I look up. I like looking at the sky, and the clouds.
The clouds part a little and I see a city in the sky. Only it is upside down. And white and silver.
As the clouds shift, I see different parts of the city. Winding cobbled narrow streets. Buildings with towers and minarets. I feel so excited, it's almost a pain in my heart. There's a turmoil of so many emotions, that it is difficult to separate one from the other. I ache to see more, to capture the beauty, the magic, somehow.
I look at the person I'm walking with. I know he will laugh at me. I still ask him to look up. If it turns out to be a hallucination, I know my heart will break. But there's wonder in his eyes now, and it shows on his face as he looks up. My heart leaps with joy.
I wake up. From the bottom of my heart I am sorry it was merely a dream.

4 comments:

Ravi D said...

Heartaches for reality if dreams are not turned into reality.

Hope you have the will and the courage to make your dreams come true ;)

yeor said...

clouds do make strance faces at us sometime :P , as if they wana mock us .


the though of getting saturated of capturing beauty and magic was kinky \,,/


btw wat do i have to do to get a citizenship of this "city of sky" ?

Unknown said...

Our imaginations gets wings when we're dreaming. Maybe Nolan was inspired by this blog. :D

prashu said...

Love.... Sky... Dream 🥰