Monday, January 28, 2008

Temple on the Wall

4:46 am.
A bitingly cold January morning.
A very cliched start.
All is still except the groans of the watercooler outside my room and a chink-chink of unknown origin. Without really looking at it, I had been staring at the top-left corner of the wall for some time,... 20 minutes, an hour, maybe an hour and a half, without a single thought in my head. The electricity suddenly goes off. There appears a kind of dim window, on the spot where I had been staring. It is a small temple with hardly space enough for a grown-up to sit in. In the dimness of a single diya, I see a boy and a girl, both of uncomaparable beauty, conferring in rapid whispers. They were black, painted all over with lamp black. They had beautiful big eyes. The boy had a peacock feather in his hair and a yellow cloth over his torso.
The light comes back on. The scene disappears. It lasted for about 30 seconds.
I am surprised, but not very much. I am a little scared, but not very much. It must mean something. Atleast I want it to.
Think I will go wash my hair now.

4 comments:

Ravi D said...

Subconsciousness of your conscience :O or may be pure surreal image drawn by the mind which was in state of blankness :)

Good one...

Winnie the poohi said...

psyching out in darkness is fun isnt it??

have u ever felt fear n eyt liked to feel that tingle down ur spine?/

i donno why.. i like being scared :|

yeor said...

dark dim chilly winter night's are ...\,,/

big starry eyes with black diya's

btw i liked best the thought of wasing hair at the crack of the dawn .

prashu said...

The start