Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Lucid Love



Spirit, darkness, mountain, clouds
Helpless fear of silent joy abounds
Deafening silence the only sound
And in this freedom newly found
I sculpt the sky and melt the ground
Yet nagged by a skipped beat as my heart pounds
Like a clock being in reverse wound
In my heart I blindly run around
As like an angel I do my rounds
Of the world as by imagination bound
Before thinking your name, I say aloud
As soon as I say it, I am found
In London city, on snowy grounds
By eyes that speak of grassy mounds
And promise of stolen words crowned
By a crooked smile and a playful frown
I'll run with you but let you down
I cannot kiss you lest time should drown

3 comments:

Tapas said...

The first line reminded me of 'Echoes, silence, patience & grace'. The rest reminded me of a certain sparrow that used to visit me back at Plot no. 32.
This also gave me an idea for a birthday present for you a few years from now :)
Lovely writing overall, keep up the sublime work!

Rashmi said...

It reminded me of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy haha.
32, Chikkathogur, Hosa Road will always be 221B Baker Street to me :)

Unknown said...

I love the way you fleet between dark subjects and love. Good to read a light poetry from your side. :)