Saturday, January 19, 2019

Afterglow

Burning burning burning
Your cold black eyes
Give me fever
Tossing
And turning turning turning
Your bronze laughter
Taste of fear

Choking choking choking
On stale smoke
And my own desire
Pricking
And poking poking poking
Insecure questions
Needles of fire

I'm sweating
Breathless
In the afterglow of your heat
Vibrating
A mess
My core trembles at where we've been
I'm sweltering
In the heat of your afterglow
The fire of the explosion
Night after night
Again and again

Beating beating beating
My heart bashing against my ribs
It wants you
Gnawing
And eating eating eating
Teeth in my soul
Telling me not to love you

Dancing dancing dancing
Lost in you
Deranged in the dark
Finding
The racing racing racing
Words on paper
Too fast to leave a mark

I'm drowning
Helpless
In the afterglow of your love
Flailing
A ragdoll
Your face fleeting above
I'm dissolving
In the rush of your afterglow
The breaking of the dam
Night after night
Again and again

No comments: