Monday, November 1, 2010

Tell Me It's Easy

You sell yourself
Not for money, but to hide
You hide yourself, hide your beauty from me
You've killed it now
And yet you smile your dilute smile
How do you do it?

You tell me it's easy.

You are the personification of denial
Yet you nervously claim to be thankful
You say you do it for me,
That I should do it for you
But I'm not happy,
And you are hysterical
Why should we do it?

You say, Because it's easy.

Now you've smothered yourself to death
The poison is bleeding out
As you swelter in your own blood,
I beg for a final answer
That tired smile again
You tell me it was the only way

And so, it was easy.

To this day I stumble on
Like a bewildered child
Fighting with everyone,
Fighting for everything
I haven't smiled for so long
But I have laughed so much
And I look for you
You're dead, you're not coming back
And yet I wait for you to live
You think it's easy?

It's not... But I need to live.

3 comments:

Angry Voices said...

The pain is apparent, but the hope isn't. The denial is spread like a thin, enduring blanket over the sleepy awareness of reality.

And so, it isn't that easy.

Sachin. said...

You have this side too? Good to know.

I was reminded of:

"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd"

Life is always there. Hurt is always there. Just you are reborn each time with a spotless mind.

prashu said...

Hardest thing