Tuesday, November 2, 2010

So Sensuous

The kiss of the warm sun
On my upturned face
The sound of far-off laughter
Husky and intimate
The shape of my name
On someone's lips
The threat and raw power
In a handshake grip
So sensuous.

The caress of a breeze's fingers
In my hair
A struggling girl
With her flying dress
Eyes full of sweet promise,
A face in the throng
A man humming a tune
Including me and everyone else in his love song
So sensuous.

The touch of a rain drop
On my neck
Both wanting to be together,
A drenched boy, a girl under a deck
Rippling muscles under a wet shirt
The rain igniting its own thirst
Hot coffee, the time seemed right
Burns my tongue, a love bite
So sensuous.

The weight of the blanket
When I'm half asleep
A cover for thoughts
That run too deep
Half-asleep thoughts that melt into dream
You and me, much more than we've ever been
A half smile, a sweaty sheen
A shameless stretch, from dream reality wean
So sensuous

The steam in the shower
Making one the water and my skin
On my back, wet hair
Teasing me with memories of inexistent stints
Clothes, my friends
Cracking jokes, embracing me
Black kohl
Arrogantly demanding promiscuity

So sensuous.

A clock's tick tock
Keeping pace with my heart
A shared smile
A signal across the room, far apart
Catching a stranger's eye
Holding his gaze a moment longer than ordinarily
A girl with no paper
Writing on her arms so daintily
So sensuous.

No comments: