Monday, November 1, 2010

An Ode To That Wile Harlot - Navy Cut

I crave you.
Everyone told me you would be the death of me
But you've embroidered death into a fantasy.
Everyone told me you are cheap
That you could be had by any excuse for a man.
But a moment of lust is stronger than a lifetime's wisdom
I proved to myself this timeless truth
So here I am
With a light in my hand
I crave you.

 I have had others when you were not around
Not that you asked for loyalty
Not that you deserve it
There were classic beauties,
Mild maidens,
Glamorous black princesses...
Yet it is you I crave
You in your cheap white cotton dress,
The vulgarity of your breath
The ferocity of your hot amateur lovemaking...
Oh how you feel in my mouth
You engulf my mind in smoke
A fire burns me down, down to my guts...

 Can't give you up
And the laughter on your angry orange lips says you know it
You throw your power in my face
I throw you out
Take you back
You shameless urchin, you smilingly come back
Come back to kill me
Come...
I crave you.

4 comments:

Angry Voices said...

The video is irrelevant, but the song conveys the essence of the comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BvXl40-KBM

Interestingly paradoxical choice of words in the poem. I like it.

Angry Voices said...

Oh, and heh.

Unknown said...

Loved this one! Though navy-cut isn't my cup of tea. :D

prashu said...

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥